BharatCaller - an Indian Caller ID App
BharatCaller is a 100% Indian Caller ID App. It lets users identify who is calling them and if the call is spam. It uses artificial intelligence and machine learning at its core to identify spammers.
It has been created by Kickhead Softwares Pvt Ltd, which is a small team of Engineers based out of Bangalore and Noida. It is the same team that won the National Startup Awards 2020 by Govt. of India .
BharatCaller is an Indian Caller ID App
As per the news (https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/indian-army-says-truecaller-is-a-spyware-should-be-deleted-from-phones-immediately-1097267-2017-11-30) TrueCaller was banned by the Indian Army in June 2020 after declaring it spyware. Still, TrueCaller is the most popular Caller ID app in the world. It is a european company, yet over 70% of its users are Indians and its 73% revenue comes from India. It makes more money from India than it makes from all the other countries combined.
How is BharatCaller better?
Bharatcaller is completely made in India and uses a much safer approach to access and store data.
- BharatCaller has been created in Bangalore and Noida.
- BharatCaller never uploads call logs or user contacts to even its own servers.
- All the BharatCaller servers are situated in India.
- All the data is stored in encrypted formats.
- Even its own employees do not have access to the phone numbers database.
- Unlike other caller ID apps, BharatCaller is completely Free to use.
Who is the team behind BharatCaller?
- BharatCaller has been created by Prajjwal Sinha and Kunal Pasricha. Their company is KickHead Softwares Pvt Ltd.
- KickHead Softwares was one of the winners of National Startup Awards 2020 organized by Govt. of India.
- Prajjwal and Kunal have over a collective experience of over 15 years in Multi-national companies like McAfee, Intel, TCS and ARM.
- Prajjwal is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore while Kunal is an alumnus of RBSETC, Agra.
- KickHead Softwares was also amongst the top 15 teams selected to represent India in Europe’s largest Startup Conference, VivaTech 2021, where our honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the Startups.
Why did they create BharatCaller?
After TrueCaller was banned by Indian Army, Prajjwal felt that Non-Indian apps that have access to sensitive user data are a threat to National Security.
After searching for a good Indian Caller ID app for almost a week, he could not find any Indian Caller ID App that was even half as good as TrueCaller. Hence, Prajjwal and his close friend Kunal thought of building it themselves.
They spent the next 3 months figuring out how a caller ID app works and then started working on BharatCaller in December 2020. It took them over 6 months to create the first version of BharatCaller which was tested to scale upto 10 million users.
BharatCaller was released to the public on 15th August 2021 and it’s AI-based algorithm is expected to take about 30 days to become highly efficient at identifying phone numbers.
How can you download BharatCaller?
Android app link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bharatcallerapp.callerid
Official Website of BharatCaller: https://bharatcallerapp.com
BharatCaller covered by AajTak
Aug. 23, 2021, 2:11 p.m.
BharatCaller has been covered by Aaj Tak on 23 Aug 2021.Read Article
5 Best Alternatives to True Caller in India
Aug. 17, 2021, 6:19 p.m.
5 Best Alternatives to True Caller in India One of the most widely known caller ID apps to block unwanted call…Read Article